This program is offered by Wayne County Government in cooperation with Forward Wayne County, EDC of Wayne County, Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce, and Wayne County Convention and Tourism Bureau and is made possible by funding provided by the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA).
Applications are now being accepted until May 14, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Please download the application and save the PDF prior to filling out.
Permitted uses for the COVID-19 OCRA Phase 3 Small Business Grant
Applicants may use grant funding to retain LMI (Low-Moderate Income) jobs through the following activities (Permitted Uses):
- Working capital including rent, mortgage, utilities, and other day-to-day expenses;
- Supporting remote work;
- Pay past due bills; and/or
- Pay any taxes owed.
- Should NOT be used for capital equipment purchases.
The retention of LMI refers to positions paying $36,600 or less annually, but applicants must report the annual income of all positions within the business applying for the grant.
STEP 1: COMPLETE REQUIRED VERIFICATION CHECKS
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE TRUE:
- You were in business prior to March 1, 2020;
- You are a for-profit business physically located within Wayne County;
- Your business has suffered a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Your business has 50 employees or less (can be combination of FT and PT and the owner is included in the count).
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
- Download and save the fillable PDF application prior to filling it out. This will ensure you are able to save your work.
- Please ensure you have read and signed the front-page disclaimer.
- Answer every question including the completion of the job retention and income verification chart.
- You must also submit Profit and Loss Statements for year-end 2019 and year-end 2020 with your application.
STEP 3: SUBMIT THE SIGNED APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS LISTED ABOVE
Submissions are due no later than May 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time by email or by dropping off the package to the EDC of Wayne County office:
EDC of Wayne County
900 North E Street, Suite 100
Richmond, Indiana 47374.
If you have questions, please contact Theresa Lindsey via email or by calling 765-983-4769 Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Please download the application and save the PDF prior to filling out.
The review committee assembled to score grant applications will award up to $10,000 in COVID-19 OCRA Phase 3 Small Business Grants for applications that, in the review committees’ judgment, show the greatest need due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are at risk of LMI job losses in Wayne County.
Reporting and Requirements
Grant recipient will be asked to provide the information specified below to the Wayne County Government by December 31, 2021. Information requested will include:
- Use of grant funds, to date.
- Number of current full-time and part-time employees.
- Including details on if these are LMI employees.