The City of Richmond, Wayne County Government, Economic Development Corporation of Wayne County, and the Economic Growth Group have partnered to offer emergency commercial assistance to locally owned restaurants located in Wayne County who are experiencing financial difficulties during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This program will provide up to $1000 per month in commercial rent, mortgage, or utility assistance for up to a maximum of $3,000 per business. These funds will be paid directly to the landlord, mortgage holder or utility company. This program will remain in place until March 30, 2021 or until funds are exhausted.
All of the following must be true for a business to apply for this program:
- The business must be physically located in Wayne County and subject to payment of Wayne County taxes.
- Owner must reside in Wayne County.
- The business must be current on all property and payroll taxes.
- Business must be a restaurant, as evidenced by 70% of revenue generated by food sales. Indiana does not allow smoking in restaurants, so if smoking is allowed in your establishment, you are not eligible for this program.
- Restaurant was forced to shut down or operate at a reduced capacity by State or Local government because of a Public Health or Executive Order.
- Restaurant must have been operating at 100% capacity in Wayne County prior to March 15, 2020.
- Restaurant must be currently operational in some capacity.
- Restaurant must have experienced a loss of at least 20% revenue in 2020 as compared to 2019.
- Restaurant must have been current on their rent/mortgage payments as of March 15, 2020.
- Applicant must be following current CDC guidelines and be compliant with mandated protocol. If an applicant is cited for non-compliance at any time during the program, they will be denied further assistance.
The following documents are required:
- A copy of the front and back of driver’s license or government issued ID. This must belong to the owner of the restaurant to establish Wayne County residence.
- A copy of the current lease agreement, mortgage statement or utility statement(s) you are seeking assistance for payment.
- Point of Sale report showing 70% of revenue generated by food sales.
- Year-End Profit and Loss statements for 2019 and 2020.
- Current Balance Sheet.
The completed application should be submitted via email to Theresa Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org along with all supporting documentation requested. Questions can be sent to the same email address or by calling Theresa at 765-983-4769 Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00 p.m.
To complete the form electronically, download and save the application first, complete all necessary fields, then save again and submit to Theresa Lindsey via email along with the requested documentation.